16. April 2011 10:33
(see part one of this article)
1302967162-00422-22.214.171.124.kmz (357.16 kb)
I brought the data recorder up yesterday for my second flight of the season. Although my flying was a bit rusty, the unit performed perfectly. You'll notice a significant difference in the roundness of my loops, and half cubans, and precision on the stalls.
I've found that a rechargable battery was not sufficient for an hour flight, but a regular alkaline battery works perfectly. Thus I was able to log my landings, including a go around for spacing.
On the side, I spent some time working with a Netduino Mini as a potential replacement for the Arduino. It is a much smaller form factor, and would allow for much simpler debugging.